Thursday 27 January 2011

my first blog!!

Hi guys,

thought I would respond to what julia asked and tell you a little of what I have been up to.  For those of you that don't know, I became an adult and turned 30 last week - he he!  I have been so excited to turn thirty and many of my friends have no idea why I would be celebrating, most of them feel down about getting older.  I have never understood this concept as i feel age is in the mind and i suppose with God I know that there is so much more ahead for me to discover.  I looked up what the number 30 meant and i got really excited because it is linked in with coming into wisdom, experience and purpose (Jesus was thirty when he got into his ministry).  So no, i have not missed the boat, I am not going to be depressed by a number and yes wooo hooo to getting just that little bit wiser!

I am really excited for what 2011 holds for all of us, these are new days and the foot prints haven't been made yet!  I love the fact that we can all walk through this year together and share the laughs and the tears.  You are all so important to me and I am blessed to be discovering the new with ya'll.

Love Lia

3 comments:

  1. Hope you really enjoyed your big birthday! No matter how old you are, you're only as old as you feel inside! (So I keep telling myself!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one, Lia. LIke your phrase about 'the footprints haven't been made yet'. So relevant to this new year with Kirsty off to Africa and Andrea heading for the sub-continent. Such an expectation and feeling of release about 2011!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS. should have signed the above, Morag

    ReplyDelete